Banana cupcakes with Nutella frosting!
2 1/4 c cake flour*
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1 1/2 stick butter or margerine
1/2 c vanilla sugar**
1 c sugar
2 mashed bananas
3/4 c sour cream
3 large eggs
1 1/2 c Nutella (or your favorite chocolate hazelnut spread)
- Preheat oven at 350. Line regular sized cupcake tin with papers.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, baking soda, and salt together with butter until coarse dough forms. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add sugar, sour cream, and mashed banana. Mix well.
- Whisk eggs until fluffy and then fold into mixture.
- Fill each paper about 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Frost with Nutella.
Makes about two dozen cupcakes.
* I made my own cake flour by adding 5 T corn starch to a measuring cup and then filling up to the 2 1/4 c line with all-purpose flour. Finish by whisking or sifting well.
** To make vanilla sugar, scrape the innards from one vanilla bean, then add to a container with 2-3 cups of granulated sugar and seal for several days before using. I keep this around at all times to add to tea or baked goods.